If you want to submit the Income Tax Returns online Click Here. Go to “File Returns Online” Income Tax Return this will redirect to Income tax returns site, register yourself with the PAN Card and submit returns online
Follow the simple steps below and get the ITR Acknowledgement instantly.
1. Go to the site IncomeTaxIndia
2. Click on the link eFile-Income Tax Return (see snagit below) at the top-left of the home page.
3. Register yourself once with the help of your PAN No. You PAN No. will be your lifetime used Id for eFiling.
4. From the TAB e-Filing A.Y. 20011-12, select Individual – It will get you the ITR-1 Utility Excel sheet ( PFA)
5. With the help of your Form 16, fill the details in the XLS sheet above. Basically you need to upload all the data(salary, tax details) from your Form 16 to the xls sheet above.
6. Once the sheet is filled, click on the button Generate XML on the sheet. This will generate a XML file based on the data filled in the ITR 1 form above. Save the file on your machine.
7. Now go back to the site once again and Log – In with the user id/ Password generated previously.
8. Under Submit Return select assessment year as A.Y. 2011-12
9. It will ask you to upload the xml file. Upload the xml file generated from the previous step.
10. Once the upload is successful, go to My Accounts->My Returns menu. Here you will get your digitally signed acknowledgement of ITR.
Hope this will be helpful and enjoy tax filing now.