In today’s post we will see the various terminology used in SSIS:
- SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services.
- ETL – Extract Trasformation and Load.
- BIDS – Business Integellince Development Studio. This is a Development tool.
- Package – This is a product from which the SSIS Developer produces.
- Control Flow – The workflow of a package.
- Task – An individual unit of work inside a control flow.
- Data Flow – The Movement of data from one task to another in a package.
- Transform – An individual unit of work that is performed in a Data Flow Task.
- Event Handler – Handles warnings, errors and other events like OnVariableValueChanged, On Execution Status Changed, On Information, On Post Execute, On Pre Execute, On Post Validate, On Pre Validate, On Progress, On Cancel of a Query and On Task Failed.